Saturday, August 9, 2008

My grandmother came into work the other day. She didn't know I was working there, let alone that I was in the state...I like it that way. I told her it looked like I was going to be in town now for my cousin's wedding, and she was actually bringing her dress she's wearing to the event into the store to be cleaned. Yada Yada Yada, she ends up saying, "Who would wear black to a wedding?" I hate to break it to you Grandma, but I am. And I'm coloring my hair black again. I can't wait for her to get drunk again and tell me how she really feels at the reception. It was just a month ago when I show up at a friend's birthday party and she's there already drunk and starts yelling at how much she hates my tattoos, then turns to my sister and tells her to ever turn out like me. Thanks Grandma, love you too.

My grandmother is the most childish person I know, and I can't help but to act the same way right back to her. I'm not a very nice person.

Anyways, made it through week one of working at the dry cleaners. Tomorrow I'll work a few hours, and then come home to my sister's house to only have the house to myself till late Sunday. Home alone, no one around me at all, wow...this hasn't happened in a good long while.

Tonight my brother in law and I had a good chat. He told me to get off my butt and record. So I shall try. I need Jesus first, I don't know what I'm doing about everything else in my life.

And let me leave for bed with one question for you to answer....Have you ever felt discriminated against because you were not white trash? Today I was, and I was even wearing cutoff denim shorts. Amazing.

1 comment:

Jessica Valiant said...

that would be me - discriminated against by my family because I'm not as west side as them.